Water Treatment Options
There are a variety of choices available when you want to ensure that your water is as pure as possible. These choices include the following:
- Filtration – use of a filter, such as carbon, to remove contaminants
- Softeners – uses a cation exchange resin (regenerated with sodium chloride or potassium chloride) to reduce the amount of hardness (calcium or magnesium) in the water
- Ultraviolet Treatment – disinfects the water or reduces the bacteria
- Reverse Osmosis – process that reverses the flow by pressurizing the water brought into a container and forcing it through pre- and post-filters along with the membrane
Source: Home Water Treatment Devices from www.nsf.org
We Can Help You Find the Water Treatment Option that Best Meets Your Needs
For over half a century, Willis Ide & Son have been assisting commercial and residential property owners determine which water treatment system best fit their requirements. There are several questions you can think about when considering your water treatment options.
- What contaminants are most likely in my water?
- What is my budget?
- How much water do I use on a monthly basis? (If you have several months of water bills, you can determine the average monthly usage.)
- Once the water treatment system is installed:
- What maintenance can I do myself?
- What maintenance would have to be handled by a professional?
- How often will the maintenance need to be performed?
- Do I need to include special items–such as outdoor hot tub or garden water feature–when considering water treatment?
If you have any questions or concerns when you consider your water treatment option, please give us a call at 570-675-8212.